We're Transforming Rail
The Virginia Passenger Rail Authority (VPRA) is responsible for promoting, sustaining, and expanding the availability of passenger and commuter rail service in the Commonwealth. Created in 2020, VPRA administers all capital expansion projects, infrastructure, and land acquisitions related to the Transforming Rail in Virginia Program, which will double Amtrak state-supported service and increase Virginia Railway Express (VRE) service in Virginia over the next decade.
Our mission is to promote, sustain, and expand the availability of passenger and commuter rail service in the Commonwealth.
Our vision is to deliver passenger rail service as an integrated, affordable, convenient travel option that benefits the Commonwealth.
- Fostering Leadership and Public Service
- Ensuring Safety and Reliability
- Promoting Innovation and Excellence
- Demonstrating Financial Stewardship
- Advancing Environmental Sustainability
- Championing Equity and Inclusion